Pages

Monday 3 February 2014

Interview with Dhruv Jain from Surat; AIR 2 in CA IPCC

 

Dhruv Jain from Surat who stood AIR 2 in CA IPCC, in an exclusive interview with CA. Anurag Singal, founder of www.cajobportal.com

a)      A brief story of your CA journey so far and your future dreams

It was a big journey. Firstly, I made my schedule in the last 2 weeks of March and then I executed it. I started my self-study from April month and I used to study for around 4-5 hours for the first 3 months. And for the last 3-4 months I used to study for 8-10 hours along with my coaching. And I started kept on revising theory subjects again and again. My syllabus got over in the month of September and for the whole month of October I revised all the 7 subjects.


b)     How do you propose to pursue your article ship and prepare for CA Finals

Till now, actually I have not thought about my article ship but surely I will be doing my article ship and CA Final from Surat itself


c)      What were the challenges you faced?

 I did not face any major challenge but the main challenge what I found difficult was to make my schedule in the beginning but I made it and it took me around 14-15 days.


d)     Overall approach to the IPCC exam?

Just make the schedule for each subject for 6-7 days and then keep on executing it and please don’t study just one subject for the whole day. Do theory and practical subjects daily and keep on changing the subjects within 20-25 days.

e)      Subject wise strategy for the 8 papers


Paper – 1: Accounting

Don’t keep on wasting much time for this subject as it is not a tough subject. Just focus on main chapters like Amalgamation, Internal Reconstruction etc.

Paper – 2: Business Laws, Ethics and Communication

For Law, I would advise you to go through ICAI Study Mat and Practice Manual thoroughly and please keep on revising the case laws. And for Ethics & Communication, study only the practice manual and that will be more than enough.

Paper – 3: Cost Accounting and Financial Management


This subject is slightly a typical one. So I would advise to practice more and more sums from 1-2 reference books. And please keep your concepts clear in this subject. Don’t try to mug up.

Paper – 4: Taxation

Read all the provisions of Income Tax 7-8 times and please study the Practice Manual of Income Tax thoroughly and for Service Tax and VAT, study the  Study Mat and Practice Manual thoroughly.

Paper – 5: Advanced Accounting

This was the subject I used to found a little tough. So I practiced a lot from the textbook authored by Sh.B M Agarwal along with ICAI books


Paper – 6: Auditing and Assurance

Study Company Audit nicely as it will be help u in practical life and please do give serious attention to vouching, verification and special audit also. Don’t waste your much time on standards on auditing.


Paper – 7: Information Technology and Strategic Management

In Information Technology, revise it for 5-6 times if u seek to score 85+. And please study regularly this subject as it is the most typical one.

For Strategic Management, revise it for 2-3 times.


f)       Useful tips while answering questions during exams

Answer the questions what is being asked. Don’t try to make the answer lengthy by adding unnecessary points and please don’t give much attention to aesthetic presentation while answering the questions. And make sure you utilize the reading time of 15 minutes wisely.



g)      General advice to examinees

Don’t panic for your exams. Actually these exams’ are also like normal exams only.

All the best for your exams

No comments:

Post a Comment